What is The Best Master’s Degree to Get in Education ? It is the biggest question that need proper answer regarding Career Paths and Salaries after getting a master’s degree in education. The different ways you can take to ace the field. Yes, you got it right! The central part of exploring the types of Masters in education is the desire to learn more and not just teach. Your degree will also be your added advantage to understand the students and their needs better. You can get all your desired information about online master degree.
No wonder, even the Master’s in education salary is very impressive, along with the multiple career options that you get. There are also several Master’s degrees available for you, based on your understanding and Master’s in Education requirements. Interested to know more? Let’s find out!
What is The Best Master’s Degree to Get in Education– Important factors
Some important factors to keep in mind, while making your selection are:
- Research about the subject and see if it meets your career goals.
- Know if you will leverage on it, or is it just for adding another accomplishment to your CV.
- Consider some schools and see how they have designed the curriculum.
- Look for specializations in the courses if you are interested in specifically primary or secondary education.
- If possible, look at the lecturers’ profiles and have a formal conversation with them over the mail.
- It is vital to note the degree’s length, which is mostly two years as a standard.
- Understand the additional facilities that you get after signing up for a course like a library, IT services, peer-based learning, digital learning platforms, etc.
- Do not forget to check the fees.
Types of Masters in education – Major types
There are four major Types of Masters in education.
- Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- Master of Arts in Education (M.A. Ed.)
- Master of Science in Education (M.S. Ed.)
- Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.)
Master of Education (M.Ed.)
Master of Education is one of the most commonly sought for degrees in the field. The main difference between it and other degrees is that it allows the students to explore a wide variety of skills. It is mostly considered as an applied degree where students from different backgrounds can come and study. If you know about “What is The Best Master’s Degree to Get in Education” then you can visit here online masters degrees in education.
From educational theories to instructional strategies, this degree includes an all-round overview of education and pedagogy. This degree is for anyone who wishes to bridge a gap in their skills or advance their careers as educators. This is an overall enhancement of expertise and will lead to the increment of your rank.
Master of Arts in Education (M.A. Ed.)
By pursuing the Master of Arts in Education, you get the choice of pursuing a tailored range of subjects. For example, you are the tutor of a foreign language. Here, you get the liberty of choosing your language and may do the entire course in your chosen language. Similarly, there are many specializations offered by the universities and colleges.
However, prospective students must remember that these courses and specializations vary from university to university. There are a diverse range of subjects, from personality development to dance or art or music. You have to research thoroughly and find the institute which offers a course fit for your taste.
Master of Science in Education (M.S. Ed.)
Master of Science in Education focuses on the curriculum methodology, pedagogy, instructional medium in subjects like mathematics and science. But like other Master’s degrees in Education, different universities provide it differently. Some may prefer a theory-based research pattern, while some prefer specializations like Education Administration.
Based on your career objectives, you can enhance your skillset and look for advancement into administrative or corporate sectors. There are leadership and personality development specializations as well. Best master’s in education programs can be your chance to plan a position as principal, superintendent, or even a corporate trainer. Look for what skill set is required for these posts and go ahead.
Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.)
M.A. in Teaching is specifically for those students who wish to gain expertise in teaching techniques and strategies. If you have not gotten your teacher certification, this degree can be very alluring for you. Even classroom experience is included in the curriculum for hands-on experience.
This degree is ideal for elementary and secondary school educators who want to improve their teaching strategies and methodology. Even post-secondary educators and people looking for additional skills can also consider this. Be it a human resource manager or corporate communicator, knowing the basics of education can give your career a new direction.
Now that we know of the different types of Master’s degrees let us understand how to make your selection. What is the best master’s degree to get in education – you answer that for yourself by going through the different criteria in action.
Master’s in Education online programs- To Boost Your Career
Along with the mainstream Master’s degrees suggested here, you can consider several offbeat degrees for a great career in education, like:
- School Counseling
- School Administration
- Special Education
- Education with Special Concentration Areas
- Adult Education
- Curriculum Development
Best master’s in education programs – Benefits
Be it in any subject, you greatly widen your horizons with a Master’s degree. But that is just a general notion. What Is The Best Master’s Degree To Get In Education? and What are the significant benefits that you get after finishing a Best master’s in education programs? Here are some of the most commonly suggested benefits :
- With heightened skills in teaching, you can engage with the students on a different level. You will possess both the subject expertise and instruction skills required to manage a class.
- Specializations like Technology, Teacher Leadership, Special Education, STEM Education, Reading, etc. help develop your own niche and authority. You can also ensure better student results in the areas of your specializations.
- After a Master’s degree in Education, you can also move to the corporate sector as development or training professionals.
- From the classroom experience to the administrative rankings, you can have a smooth transition in your career.
- This is a fact that advanced degrees bring in better payments. On average, your income can increase by $2,760-$7,358 per annum with a Master’s degree in Education.
- You get to understand better teaching practices and create an interactive environment in the class where you can encourage both theoretical and practical knowledge with a solid background.
- You can hold several leadership positions opening up in the school as well. Who knows which responsibility can start off the next phase of your life, all owing to the Master’s degree in Education.
- When you are highly qualified, you even get more respect in school and your teacher’s fraternity. Even your students sense the abode of knowledge you contain and genuinely want to learn from you.
Career Paths and Salaries After Getting a Master’s Degree in Education
A public school teacher’s median salary ranges from $54,956-$59,331 after getting a Master’s degree. When you get promoted to a Principal’s post, the salary can further vary between $102,190-$109,234. These figures greatly depend on your geographical location, experience, institute type, type of degree, etc. But there are several high-paying career paths to follow after getting a Master’s degree in Education. The best ones to choose are:
- Principal or Administrator – $55,711
- Special Education Teacher – $49,856
- Corporate Trainer – $55,360
- Educational Consultant – $99,875
- Curriculum Developer/Instruction Specialist – $64,450
- Content Developer/Item Writer – $58,459
Master’s in education salary – State by State Salaries
The geography has the maximum impact on the pay in a public school as the taxes mostly fund them. According to the 2016 data by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the top five states with the highest annual mean wage for teachers are:
- Alaska – $82,020
- New York – $81,410
- Connecticut – $76,260
- New Jersey – $75,250
- California – $74,940
You can have a look at the detailed breakdown of salaries, differing from state to state in the United States of America, as per the reports of the Bureau of Labor Statistics:
|New York||Massachusetts||California||New Jersey||Connecticut||Maryland||Illinois||Alaska||Rhode Island||Pennsylvania|
|Elementary School Teachers||$77,330||$74,470||$74,270||$68,810||$76,740||$64,970||$60,760||$73,050||$66,160||$62,250|
|Secondary School Teachers||$81,410||$74,040||$74,940||$75,250||$76,620||$65,930||$70,130||$82,020||$65,490||$64,320|
|Career/Technical Education Teachers||$72,830||$80,070||$70,390||$71,780||$79,610||$68,400||$66,590||$74,970||$69,490||$61,660|
|Special Education Teachers, Secondary School||$84,330||$67,300||$76,310||$74,480||$76,860||$64,980||$67,070||$74,630||$68,590||$64,770|
Everybody wants to know that What is The Best Master’s Degree to Get in Education, As established throughout, the career prospects with a Master’s degree in Education take a new turn with umpteen opportunities. With the right credentials and knowledge, you can take up several positions of responsibility and do justice to them. Check out all the degrees mentioned here and do your basic research. Surely, with this guide, you will be able to take on the course you desire and succeed greatly. One can visit our homepage to about online school near me.