If you are searching for ‘what is martial arts,’ chances are that you already have seen a lot of action movies. In short, martial art is a fighting technique that includes bare body parts. In most martial arts disciplines, fighters restrain themselves from using lethal weapons. This is mainly because the martial art is mainly intended to injure attackers along with self defense. So also we have provided all details related to Professional Course for your better understanding.
As mentioned, martial arts is purely self-defense technique. A martial artist takes a vow of never using his fighting skills to show off his/her power. Instead, martial arts teach students to stay calm and composed under immense pressure and focus on the moment rather than thinking about possible future outcomes.
What is martial arts – various disciplines
Martial art was developed centuries ago by mainly Asian monks. Legend has it that a true martial artist can control the environment around him/her using sacred Tai-Chi techniques. Although these stories sound too good to be true, it is of no doubt that a martial artist ends up developing immense mind control through years of practice. Here is a list of some of the most popular martial art techniques used around the world.
- Karate: If you are aware of Bruce Lee, you probably already know ‘what is martial arts,’. The entire discipline of Karate is based on the implementation of bare hand moves. This particular martial art was derived from Chinese Kung Fu.
- Kung-Fu: Kung-Fu deals with the use of all body parts during combat, unlike Karate where only hands and legs are used.
- Kalaripayattu: This age-old Indian form of martial art is considered to be one of the oldest scientific fighting techniques ever developed by the human race. In this form, apart from using the human body as a weapon, sticks are often used to fight enemies. You can also check filipino martial arts
Top Martial Arts Schools- in the USA
- Dergerberg Academy, 4717 N. Lincoln Ave. Chicago, Illinois 60625: The Degerberg Academy has been around for a long time and most martial arts enthusiasts in America are well aware of this legendary karate school. Not only karate but this martial arts school has been teaching many different styles. The Black Belt Magazine has rated the Degerberg Academy as one of the top martial arts school in USA in 2006.
- National Karate Academy of Martial Arts: The National Karate Academy of Martial Arts is the first karate school in Minneapolis. Over the years, it has been able to spread its existence across more than 25 locations. The academy was founded by two black belt holders.
- Harmony by Karate, 160 N. Columbus Ave. New York, NY 10023: This particular Karate academy has gained praise from big names in the world martial arts arena. This includes the Elle Magazine, Black Belt Magazine, as well as the Discovery Health Channel. The academy has put more emphasis on developing inner strength among students. In order to do that, Harmony by Karate implements a unique philosophy and builds self confidence among practitioners. Those are Top Martial Arts Schools.
Martial art is one of those life-saving skills that every citizen should be accustomed to. In this era of human exploitation, knowing effective martial arts skills can save you in a dark alley. Now that you know what is martial arts, it’s time for you to check out the options and decide which technique suits you. feel free to leave a comment below or visit our page onlineschoolsnearme.com. All your doubts related to the What is a medical assistant will be met here. Our panel of experts shall reach out to you and assist you in clearing all your doubts.