What is a rheumatologist doctor, what are the jobs that they are required to carry out on an everyday basis, these are your queries? Most people have fewer clues about this particular stream of health science, but most of us are aware of their profession. The chances are high that sometimes in your life; you have come across a person or two that have visited a rheumatology clinic. But what exactly does a rheumatologist do? Let us figure out. So also we have provided all details related to medical school for your better understanding.
What is a rheumatologist doctor: Description
Rheumatology is a medical sub-specialty that deals with the diagnosis, treatment, and monitoring of rheumatic diseases. Now you might ask everything about rheumatic diseases. Well, a rheumatologist is devoted towards dealing with musculoskeletal system-related diseases.
Not only that, but the duties of this particular doctor also include the diagnosis and treatment of autoimmune diseases, soft tissues, vasculitides, and many other genetic diseases related to tissue disorders.
What is a rheumatologist doctor do?
If you already don’t know ‘what is a rheumatology doctor’ and ‘What is a rheumatologist doctor do’, this section shall clear your doubts. Here are some of the major autoimmune diseases that rheumatologists deal with.
- Systematic Lupus Erythematosus: Under this condition, the healthiest tissues in your body are mistakenly affected by your body’s immune system. Some of the most common symptoms of this disease include swollen joints, mouth ulcers, hair loss, chest pain, fever, etc.
- Ehlers Danlos Syndromes: EDS is generally a genetic tissue disorder that might lead to symptoms such as stretchy skin, loose joints, and scar formation on your skin. If not taken care of, EDS might result in more complicated issues such as joint dislocation, scoliosis, etc. This particular disease is noticed among infants and children.
- Polymyositis: One of the most complicated chronic condition that leads to inflammation of body muscles. The most common symptom of this issue is the loss of overall muscle mass or body weakness. One can also visit for what does a rheumatologist do
Top rheumatology centers USA
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21205-1832: This particular hospital currently ranks number 1 in terms of Adult Rheumatology Hospitals around the country. In terms of national ranking, 15 adult specialties along with 10 other pediatric specialties belonging to JHH have secured top positions.
- Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195-5108: When it comes to the top Adult Rheumatology Hospitals in the USA, Cleveland Clinic ranks number 2 in the entire country. Cleveland’s expertise has earned 14 of their adult specialties and 10 of their pediatric specialties spots in the national list of best hospitals in USA.
- Hospital for Special Surgery, New York-Presbyterian University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell, New York, NY 10021-4898: This particular clinic has earned the number 3 spot in our list of Adult Rheumatology Hospitals in the USA. Two of its adult specialties as well as 1 of its pediatric specialty has been ranked nationally for their excellent service.
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55902-1906: The Mayo Clinic, courtesy to their experience and expertise has secured the 4th spot in our list of the top Adult Rheumatology Hospitals in the USA. A total of 22 specialties (15 adult and 7 pediatric specialties) is ranked nationally for their operational efficiency.
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115-6110: Brigham has earned the 5th spot in our list of the top rheumatology centers USA. Brigham and Women’s Hospital has secured nationally ranking for 9 of its adult specialties.
After reading this article, we guess your doubts related to ‘what is a rheumatologist doctor’ are resolved. Ensure that you never neglect the symptoms mentioned above. These symptoms might seem to be of lower intensity, but if neglected they can lead to further complications. Fill up the form below for more queries. You may also visit our home page online colleges for more consultation, feel free to ask anything related to this blog post, keep commenting, thank you!