What are the 3 Types Of Education? Here we will study more about the three types of education : Formal , Informal and Non-formal. As we know today, the world is full of options and these options extend to the types of education one can avail. This must have you wondering, what are the types of education that one can avail of? The common answer to this question is either traditional or online. One may also visit our page bachelor program for a detailed information.
Now you must be wondering, what are these 3 types. And let us assure you that when we do tell you, you will be kicking yourself for not thinking about them. However, until we don’t let, us give you an idea of what else we will be telling you about today–
- What are the 3 types of education domains?
- What are the 3 types of evaluation in education?
- What are the characteristics of the three types of education?
So without further ado, let us get cracking with the task at hand.
What are the 3 Types Of Education: Education domains
Now before we touch upon the types of education, let us first address what education is as a whole. In layman terms, it is the process of education in new things. But how do we learn? Well, there are 3 domains of learning, or as we have mentioned before education. These domains can be listed as follows –
In on themselves, they are too broad-ranging to mean anything. However, once broken down, they are quite simple to understand. So with that being said, here is what is implied by these three terms –
- Cognitive domain – This domain addresses the knowledge of the person. What all they have learned and how much capacity to learn do they have.
- Affective domain – This domain addresses the behavior of the person towards learning etc. It is more focused on the psychological and behavioral aspects of things.
- Psychomotor domain – This domain is primarily concerned about the skills acquired through the course of the education. As a result, it is more concerned with the practical aspect of things.
What are the 3 types of education?
Now that we have teased you enough, here are the 3 types that we were talking about before, and as we said, you will be kicking yourself upon seeing them –
- Formal Education
- Informal Education
- Non-formal Education
What are the characteristics of the three types of education?
As we have come to know what are the 3 types of education. Now, for those who are still continuing education and do not know much about them, here are the key differences between the three of them –
- what is formal education? It involves schools, colleges, and other institutions.
- The institution has a clear-cut hierarchy
- Usually involves disciplinary practices, a clear schedule, and is full time.
- The education provided is extremely subject-oriented
- By the time you do complete it, you would’ve earned a certificate or a degree for yourself and you will have a detailed idea on what is formal education.
- This is more focused on adults and is practical.
- There is a huge amount of diversity in both the methods and the contents.
- Utilizes the available resources for proper learning.
- Will work only if the learner is interested in learning.
- Heavily reliant on real-life examples for teaching and learning.
- The education process is extremely long.
- In non formal education most of the learning is done through experience.
- The primary environment for learning is one’s own home.
- non formal education has extra emphasis on the environment for learning.
- Hands-on learning experience through work is prioritized as well.
So as you have learnt what are the 3 types of education, there are also many differences between the 3 different types of education methods. But now that we have touched upon that, let us now proceed further. If you are getting an education, you need to be sure that what you have learned is retained by you. This is the main reason why exams take place.
But while exams are almost universal, the way the learning process is evaluated is not. So with that being said, let us now take a look at the types of evaluations out there. Click here to know more on types of education.
3 types of education evaluation
Evaluation, just like education, can be broadly categorized into 3 aspects. There is a fourth aspect to it as well but it is too specific to be of any use in general. So with that being said, here is a quick rundown of the 3 types of education evaluation.
- Placement evaluation
- Formative evaluation
- Summative evaluation
Now, these terms might sound a bit confusing by themselves. So fret not, because we got you covered once again with what are the 3 types of education evaluation. With that being said, let us get into the meat and potatoes of what they mean –
- Placement evaluation – This evaluation method is utilized to assess the student’s capabilities at the entry-level of a course. This can be done through entrance exams etc. and acts as a baseline for what all the student has learned and mastered.
- Formative evaluation – Unlike its predecessor, this form of evaluation is primarily reserved for monitoring a student’s growth and education over a while. This method is often utilized to serve as a feedback mechanism for both the student and the teacher. The result of this is to strengthen the person being evaluated.
- Summative evaluation – This evaluation method is usually utilized at the end of the course as a means of finding out what all the student has learned over the year or course. This method is primarily used to assign grades etc. to the student. The grades or marks assigned can then be used as further feedback.
And with that, we come to a close about what are the different types of evaluation methods and the rest of the topics mentioned as well. So, if you were curious about what are the 3 types of education, we hope that we have satisfied your curiosity. And in case you still have more questions regarding them or any of the other things mentioned above, feel free to ask them down below! We are here to help you in any shape or form after all! Also find us at online schools near me for more information.