Respiratory therapist schools in California offers the students accredited respiratory therapist programs with a bright career. As respiratory care is a growing profession, there are many respiratory therapist school in California. California has 28 universities, colleges, and training institutes offering accredited respiratory therapist programs. Some colleges like Concorde Career College, San Joaquin Valley College, and American Career College have campuses at multiple locations. One can also visit online medical school for gaining information in depth.
California has the highest number of respiratory therapists working in the entire nation. It is also among the best-paying states for respiratory therapist. Respiratory therapist jobs are growing much faster than any other occupation because California has a large population of senior citizens who are the common users of respiratory therapy along with children so the respiratory therapist salary in California is very decent. How to become a respiratory therapist in California? There are different types of schools that offer respiratory therapy programs.
Respiratory Therapist Schools in California
- Vocational Schools: These are technical or medical institutes which offer professional training programs like a diploma, certificates, and associate degrees. Such programs are taken up after graduation for entry-level positions. These programs prepare students for Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) and later Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) exams from the National Board for Respiratory Care.
- Community Colleges: The degree options available are more academic focused. They usually offer two types of associate degrees, an Associate in Applied Sciences in Respiratory Therapy (AAS) and the Associate of Science in Respiratory Therapy (AS). AAS is a professional degree while AS is a research-based degree.
- Four-year Schools: These schools offer a broad academic curriculum in respiratory therapy, combining the basics with professional training. These colleges provide two learning avenues for students to choose from-Two years bachelors degree for students already having an associate degree and NBRC certifications and Four-year bachelors degree for first-time respiratory care aspirants.
Accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools in California– Must have list
• NRBC Pass Rate: Students pass rate at the NRBC exam indicate how well the school prepares them. A college’s low pass rate will indicate its inability to prepare the students well.
• Accreditations: The main accrediting body for Respiratory therapist schools in California is The Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC). Students must check a school’s accreditation status before applying.
• Clinical Specializations: A good respiratory therapist school in California ensures that a percentage of the entire program is devoted to the specializations like sleep disorders, diagnostics, etc. It maintains a good balance between the general curriculum and specializations.
• Student Success: A good college ensures the success of its students in all aspects, be it successful completion of the course, job placement or preparation of advance level and certifications.
Top Respiratory Therapist Schools in California
1. American Career College: It has three campuses which offer both classroom lectures and hands-on training. It provides diploma and associate degrees in respiratory care.
2. Orange Coast College: Located in Orange County, it offers an associate degree with 1000 hours of clinical practice along with classroom lectures.
3. Mt. San Antonio College: It’s a community college in Los Angeles. It offers an AS program which requires students to complete their coursework with specialized courses like Current Issues in Respiratory Care, Comprehensive Pulmonary Assessment, etc.
4. Platt College: It is a private college having four campuses and offers an AS degree in respiratory therapy.
5. San Joaquin Valley College: It is a private junior college with multiple campuses and offers AS degree.
These are some of the Respiratory therapist schools in California. Get more information by filling the following form.
For more information about the schools and courses you can take, visit us at online schools near me.