Education Specialist Degree Online is a very popular program for educators who wish to study further. It is to be noted that is a course for the educators who already have a Master’s degree, but don’t wish to go for a doctorate program. Simply stated, this degree is pursued after the Master’s but before a doctorate program. You can also go through Self development course for more clarification.
Education Specialist Degree Online is generally awarded after completing 6 years of college studies. Candidates pursuing this degree can gain a competitive edge in their subjects. They can apply for jobs like instructional coordinators, superintendents, principals, and other administration related profiles in the school system.
You see, Specialist Education Degree Online is considered a terminal degree in the industry. The majority of the doctorate programs can accept some credits from such programs, provided the candidate is willing to pursue a doctorate.
Education Specialist Degree Online– Specialization
Students who wish to go for education specialist online degree programs need to select a specialization before beginning the course. Some of the potential specializations are:
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Instructional Technology
- Reading and Language
- Special Education
- Educational Leadership and Administration
- General Education
- Learning Analytics K-12
- Organizational Leadership
- Learning Analytics in Higher Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Sports and Athletics Management
- Special Education
- English Second Language
- International Education
- Global Training and Development
An educator who chooses instructional technology as specialization can learn the basics of integrating technology into various teaching practices. Moreover, an educator choosing educational leadership and administration can learn about research, leadership, and important aspects of administration.
Please note that an education specialist degree online cannot be concluded entirely in online mode. This is because the majority of the programs require students to gain field experiences in the classrooms as well. If you wish to pursue leadership positions in the education sector, you can reach out online masters in elementary education for further information.
Online education specialist degree – Career Opportunity
Many aspiring principals and post-secondary teachers can expect a bright future post education Specialist Degree Online . According to the latest reports released by the Bureau of Labour Statistics, a growth of 10% is expected in the profiles of elementary, middle, and high school principals by the year 2020. On the other hand, a growth of 17% is expected in the profile post-secondary teachers by the same year.
Educators who utilize their degree to gain high-level administration positions can expect a better salary package. Let’s have a look at the promising career options for Education Specialist Degree Graduates:
- Principal – Principal is responsible to manage all the operations of the school, staff, teachers, and students. They are also responsible to hire efficient school personnel who can help in the smooth functioning of the school. He is also the primary decision-making authority on matters related to budgeting, policy formulations, planning the academic calendar, disciplining students, and the final communication with teachers and parents. The median salary of an elementary, middle, or high school principal is around $94,390 per annual.
- School Superintendent – A school superintendent is in charge of various schools that come under a school district. They take crucial decisions related to facilities, spending, and staff. They also hire teachers and work with different school principals. They are also responsible for responding to various demands of the stakeholders like advocates, parents, students, community, and teachers. The average salary of a school superintendent is around $1, 55,478.
- Classroom Teacher – A classroom teacher provides students with all the relevant tools and knowledge they require to excel in an academic year. The average salary of a kindergarten or elementary school teachers is around $56,900 per year. Moreover, the average salary of a high school teacher is around $59,170 per annum with an 8% job growth.
- Post-Secondary Teacher – This category of teachers is responsible to teach the college and university students, teaching assistants, and the instructors at trade or technical schools. In other words, they teach graduate students on various academic and career-oriented subjects. The Bureau of Labour Statistics reports that the median salary of this category is approx. $76,000 per annum. However, the annual salary range of professors, assistant professors, and associate professor lies in the range of $65,458 to $87,547.
- School Counselor – This profile plays a vital role in assisting the students to become productive citizens of the country. They offer them guidance and support to all the students who have to deal with personal, parental, academic, and societal pressures. The median salary range of school counselors lies in the range of $55,410 to $59,450 per year.
- Educational Technology Specialist – These professionals are responsible to integrate technology like software, hardware, and computers into the existing education system. They generally take care of the supplemental materials and online courses provided by school and university authorities. The average salary of an educational technology specialist is around $66,295 year.
- Special Education Specialist – This is a professional who is responsible to assist students with physical, learning, emotional, and mental disabilities. They teach various subjects like writing, reading, communications, and maths to such students, depending upon the severity of their condition. The median salary of a education specialist degree online is around $58,980 per year. The Bureau of Labour Statistics expects a growth of 8% in this profile in the coming years.
Online specialist degree in education
The education sector has always been one of the prominent sections of the US economy. If you also aspire to progress in your education beyond the Master’s degree, education specialist degree online can prove to be the best option for you. Online specialist degree in education helps you in understanding the basics of the education industry in the US. Online education specialist degree programs will also help you in carving a niche for yourself by gaining expertise in the desired specialization.
Online education specialist degree programs – Cost
The average cost of pursuing an education specialist degree online is around $15,800. However, the minimum fees can be around $12,120 and the maximum can be around $30,293. Make sure you select a course that offers a comprehensive curriculum to its students. As an educator, you must be aware of the importance of research.
Take some time and select the best course and college for you. Consider your primary goals before finalizing the specialization for your education specialist degree online course. For further information and knowledge, you can visit our website online schools near me.