Daytona State College online is a public college and located in daytona beach, florida . So you’re looking forward to some reliable information regarding the DSC online courses. Well, there are numerous programs that are available at the Daytona State College or DSC, as it is widely called. But before that, you must have a clear idea of what exactly you want out of your career. You can get all your desired information about bachelor program.
First of all, figure out which profession you would like to land on once you complete your education. Additionally, you must keep in mind that for online education, you must have the eagerness to commit a specific amount of hours every day. Because you won’t have a teacher every time you go on a break, it is often easy to cheat. That’s where your mind control comes to play.
So if you are ready to explore all the options you have in Daytona State College online programs, make sure that you read this article thoroughly. You can check detail about best and cheap online colleges
Daytona State College Online-Quick History
Daytona Beach Community College started offering four-year college courses in 2006. That was when it started offering its first-ever bachelor’s degree program, the Bachelor of Applied Science in Supervision and Management. Back in 2008, the institution changed its name to Daytona Beach College, which renamed itself as the Daytona State College a month later.
Daytona State College provides a Bachelor of Applied Science, Bachelor of Education, Bachelor of Science in Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Bachelor of Science in Information Technology degrees along with the Associate of Arts and various Associate of Science degrees, as of 2014. As of 2014, nearly 30,000 students were served annually.
- Daytona State College is approved by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the associate and bachelor’s degrees.
- In 1957, the Florida Legislature approved Daytona Beach Junior College to become one of the first comprehensive colleges in Florida.
Its three levels — adult education, college credit, and Mary Karl Vocational School — function as independent organizations under Volusia County Schools, though all were run by the president of the college.
Volusia County Junior College was established concurrently as a school for African Americans; Daytona Beach was all-white at its founding (there were no integrated colleges at the time). Here are some more points of interest-
- Volusia was closed in 1965, following the 1964 Civil Rights Act, and its students were offered the ability to enroll at Daytona Beach.
- In 1968 the Legislature of Florida consolidated the divisions of Daytona Beach Junior College into one administrative entity under a District Board of Trustees independent of Volusia County Schools. The college was named as Daytona Beach Community College in 1971.
- Daytona Beach Community College started offering four-year-long courses since 2006 when it provided the first bachelor’s degree in supervision and management. The Daytona State College online was renamed Daytona Beach College in 2008, and then renamed Daytona State College a month later, reflecting its transformation to a four-year university that provides baccalaureate degrees for the workforce.
- The college started offering bachelor’s degrees in science in education in spring 2009, bachelor’s degrees in engineering technology in fall 2010, and bachelor’s degrees in nursing and information technology in January 2014. Check out details about affordable online colleges
Daytona state college online classes-Bachelor’s Program Overview
Being a public institution, Daytona State College started offering online bachelor’s degree courses from 2006-2007. All online lectures are registered and stored in order to allow students to access lecture material at their own convenience. It is important to note that the deadline is rolling when it comes to applying for the online programs at Daytona State College.
Daytona state college admissions requirements–
Daytona State College online has an open door policy , which gives opportunity to all student to pursue an education beyond high school. Admission to the college is granted to application who have a florida standard high school diploma.
Student with a certificate of completion or special Diploma ,or without a high school diploma may be admitted to the following certificate programs:
- Air conditioning , Refrigeration and Heating Mechanic
- Air conditioning , Refrigeration and Heating Technology
- Automotive Collision Repair and Refinishing
- Automotive Service Technology
- Building Trades and Construction Technology
- Nursing Assistant (Long term care)
- Welding Technology (Applied)
Daytona State College Falcon Online – Cost
The undergraduate tuition & fees at Daytona State College are mentioned as follows:
- $3,106 for residents of Florida and
- $11,994 for students outside the state for the academic year 2019-2020
The projected tuition & fees for Undergraduate 2020-2021 are:
- $3,108 for residents of Florida
- $11,995 for students outside the state
Daytona State College Majors Courses
Daytona State College online Bachelor’s programs allow students to meet their educational objectives on their schedules, with the latest communication technologies offering professors and peer engagement. This encourages enhanced, expanded collaboration among students of diverse backgrounds as they progress towards career goals.
Not that you have decided that you will go for Daytona State College online curriculum, make sure that you take the first step. And that is, understanding the credit system and whether you can transfer the credit to your college. In this regard, if you need any additional help, reach out to us without a second’s delay. You can check our home page Online Schools near me