Criminal Justice Studies is a broad term for social studies that aim to study, recognize, and clarify criminal behavior. On a broader and higher level, it can also be utilized to study and analyze society’s role in creating and controlling criminals. One may also consider Law school for getting more information about criminal justice.
So all in all, this relatively new branch of criminal studies has a lot of varied use in the society. Plus, a background in this sets you quite nicely for future jobs as a –
- FBI agent
- Parole officer
One thing to note here is that these jobs are independent of any market fluctuations. So even if the market goes down, most of these jobs won’t be lost because of downsizing. So if you are looking for a career and financial stability, then these jobs are just what you are looking for. One can also explore free online paralegal courses as it will help them to acquire adequate knowledge.
Criminal Justice Studies Degree : Professional Cost
There are two different kinds of people in this world. Ones those who are passionate about what they do and the others are those who are doing it for the money. There is nothing wrong with either one of them. So, when people take up such studies, they take them because of these two reasons only.
Criminal Justice Studies courses can take one down a series of different paths. However, since we have mentioned the more popular ones before, here is a look at what their average incomes are over the period of a year –
- Judge – 130,000 USD
- Lawyer – 100,000 USD
- FBI Agent – 65,000 USD
- Policeman – 50,000 USD
- Parole officer – 40,000 USD
So needless to say, these jobs will provide you with a stable income each year with great job security. Another thing to keep in mind is that if you are good enough at the job, then you can quite easily earn more than the average since the scope for growth is huge.
Criminal Justice Studies Major Courses
Nowadays, you can apply for a course in Criminal Justice Studies in almost every university out there. And in case you don’t have the money or the time for regular courses, you can always apply for online courses. Most of the online universities now provide criminal justice courses.
Criminal Justice Research Studies – Sub branches
There is a whole lot to choose from in the overarching criminal justice courses. But in case you want the best possible platform to launch your career from, then these are the best possible courses that you can opt for –
- Computer forensics – With the increasing digitalization of our world, it comes as little to no surprise to find that computer forensics is the most sought after course out there.
- Counterterrorism – With the ever increasing terror groups and their ever expanding region of influence, counterterrorism studies are gaining more and more traction.
- Criminal investigations – Crime will always be a part of society and as society progresses, the crime rate increases. In order to deal with this, criminal investigators are needed for which you need a criminal investigations background.
- Criminal psychology – While criminal investigations deal with the how of the crime, criminal psychology deals with the why of it. This is important to identify patterns and prevent crimes in the future.
- Cybersecurity – With the internet slowly creeping into all aspects of life, it makes sense that cybersecurity is slowly becoming an important facet of life. If you want to learn about different essential criminal justice topics such as cyber security, criminology, etc., you can visit best criminal justice colleges in NY.
Criminal Justice Case Studies – Cost of the Program
The cost of your Criminal Justice Studies solely depends on your preference. There is a lot of variation in the prices of courses and modes of education. Still, here are a few estimates on how much it will cost you –
Traditional education methods –
- Associate degree – 21,000 USD per year (2 years course)
- Bachelor’s degree – 11,000 USD per year (3 years course)
- Online classes – 2500 USD per year
Since there are quite a lot of Criminal Justice Studies courses, we simply can’t cover them all. However, since we have already listed some of the more popular courses before, we shall talk about the cost of each one of them. So without further ado, here we go –
Computer forensics –
- Traditional schooling – 30,000 USD per year
- Online courses – 700 USD per credit
- Counterterrorism – 300 USD per credit
- Criminal investigations –
- Traditional schooling – 21,000 USD Per year
- Online courses – 7,000 USD
- Criminal psychology –
- Traditional schooling – 8,700 USD per year
- Online courses – 13,000 USD
- Cybersecurity – 350 USD per credit
With the costs now out of the way, let us take a look at where all you can pursue these courses.
Criminal Justice Safety Studies – Details regarding best colleges
Now we know that there are a lot of colleges out there which offer these courses and there is obvious preference involved. However, with that being said, let us still take a look at some of the colleges that we consider to be the best in this regard –
- Pennsylvania State University
- University of Cincinnati
- University of California, Irvine
- Michigan State University
- Florida State University
These are some of the best universities out there. Their prices might be a bit higher, however, that is to be expected if you want quality education.
With all of this being said, a Criminal Justice Studies degree is a small but important step in an oftentimes exciting career in the world, dealing with criminals. Plus, most of the careers in this field are immune to market fluctuations. So there is relative stability along with great scope for growth.
More importantly, one can apply for these degrees from the comfort of their home without dropping a pretty penny. And with the ever increasing legal and enforcement system, these degrees will only have their values appreciate over time. So if you are planning to pursue these Criminal Justice Studies, now is the time for it. We have provided you with all the information that you might need. And in case if you need any more assistance, feel free to get in touch with us! One can visit our homepage online schools near me to get all the desired information about criminal justice.