Criminal justice bachelor degree jobs includes potential salaries, projected job growth, and common duties. Criminal justice refers to a system in which a society maintains law and order, controls crime, and keeps the life of citizens safe and secure. A career in criminal justice is a very challenging one but once you get familiar with all the laws and procedures; you can easily accomplish it. With that being said check out law school for more information.
There are a lot of opportunities in this career. We will guide you towards various bachelor degree courses and the Criminal Justice Major degrees offered by colleges.
Criminal justice bachelor degree jobs : Majors
There are different majors that you can take in your criminal justice education. Here are the Criminal Justice Majors that you can opt for.
- Law Enforcement– This is one of the most widely known Criminal Justice Major. People who aspire to become police officers and detectives should choose this major. Moreover, a person in Law Enforcement can also work as a sheriff, warden, or a conservation officer.
- Criminology- Majoring in Criminology will help the students to know about the social and psychological reasons behind crime. They will be able to get a deep insight into the crime world. Criminology subjects include Psychology, Sociology, etc.
- Corrections- A major in Corrections will help you in getting jobs as Correctional Officers in country, state, and federal offices. You can also become a Parole Officer.
- Rehabilitation– In Rehabilitation major, you will study the rehabilitation of criminals, substance abuse, working of prisons, etc. You can choose Substance Abuse Counselor among Criminal justice bachelor degree jobs and try to bring in a change among drug victims.
- Law- To become a Criminal Lawyer and to begin practice in court, the person must possess a bachelor’s degree in law. You will study about criminal and civil law, business law, protocols, and the government system. It is recommended to do a master’s in law so that you can enhance your skills in the legal field.
- Paralegal– Paralegals are assistants to Lawyers, Attorneys, and Government agencies. Paralegals are of various types ranging from business to immigration. A major in paralegals is a good option for those who are serious about taking paralegal jobs in the future. If interested check for free online paralegal courses.
- Social Work– Social workers are employed by state, federal, and private corporations. To become a social worker, a person should have a degree in Criminal justice and he/she should have some experience of social work. Social workers work over many issues ranging from human rights, care of children in foster care to issues of drug and substance issues.
So depending upon your goal, you should select your Criminal Justice Major. Make sure to properly research your choice and opt for only that one that deeply interests you. You can also look for colleges that offer criminal justice.
Bachelor degree in criminal justice jobs
There are a lot of BA in criminal justice jobs for those who have just graduated with a Criminal Justice degree. Here we will look at the various criminal justice associates degree jobs you can take up after attaining your certification at the graduate level.
State and Federal Courts
There are many opportunities for bachelor degree holders in courts. In the initial years, you would not be able to get too much involved in the courtroom action but you can get some other posts like bailiff, court clerk, criminal law supervisor, family law mediator, court operations specialist.
Law Enforcement jobs
Law enforcement officers include Deputies, Sheriffs, and Police Inspectors, etc. The salary ranges from $26000 to $49000 depending upon the experience in this field. Although the law enforcement jobs do not demand a bachelor’s degree, if you hold a bachelor’s degree, select this job profile from Criminal justice bachelor degree jobs. Furthermore, police department regulations often require a bachelor’s degree for advancement to the posts of sergeant and lieutenant.
You can get a job in Forensics with a Criminal Justice degree, but you will also have to do courses in the sciences. A combination of these can lead you to great heights in your career. The salary for people working in forensics is very high. There are many positions in forensics such as Ballistics Specialist, Crime Scene Investigator, DNA Analyst, Criminologist, etc. One of the demanding job profiles in Criminal justice bachelor degree jobs. Work in this field requires familiarity with the microscope and the Interview room.
Teacher or Trainer
Teaching and Training are great career options. There are less work pressure and good pay. Criminal Justice graduates possess skills such as decision-making skills, knowledge of various issues, the ability to make coherent presentations. These skills can be used to a great extent in the teaching profession. There are a huge number of jobs that demand a combination of law enforcement and teaching. There is a huge demand for an Instructor and Curriculum specialist.
Many Criminal justice graduates choose a career in a specialized branch of law enforcement that operates prisons, jails, and probation agencies. Probation Officers are always on the front lines of the criminal justice bachelor degree jobs regularly. A career in Probation offers a lot of unparalleled opportunities. The average salary of a probation Officer is $40,000 per annum.
Private Businesses depend a lot upon the private security guards to safeguard their business and prevent money loss. They are also hired by government agencies. A private security guard encounters a lot of diverse things in his life. It is a risky business but there are a lot of jobs in this line. According to the Bureaus of Labor Statistics, more than a million Americans are employed in this sector. One of the easiest among Criminal justice bachelor degree jobs.
Criminal Justice Bachelors Degree Jobs : Legal Assistant
This has become a great career option for those who want to avoid the time and expense of attending a major law degree. There is a huge demand for Legal Assistants in law firms. They perform various tasks such as handling documents, maintaining files and records, assisting clients in paperwork, and performing legal research. The pay is quite reasonable. You can also go through masters in criminology jobs for more information.
Bachelors in Criminal Justice Jobs
While there will already be positions lined up and available for certain candidates with bachelor’s degrees in criminology or criminal justice, many will not get that leverage. That’s why it’s important that you have a strategy to get your new career underway. The good thing is that the areas of criminology and criminal justice give individuals of all education levels plenty of resources.
The bad news is, the process of being hired might sometimes take a lot of time and a lot of effort. It will save you plenty of time and heartache in the future to find out what you want to do and how you want to do it now.
If you’re only beginning your college degree or even you’ve been out of school for years, after graduation, there are many things you can do to pursue jobs in criminology.
Bachelors Criminal Justice Jobs : Determining your career
Certainly, you’ll have to find out just what it is you want to do before you can start a career. There are plenty of factors that can go into choosing the best career for you in criminal justice or criminology. They require taking a personal appraisal, as well as your personal preferences and abilities, of your innate talents and skills.
One way to figure out what profession would be best for you is to check at some of the more common criminal justice bachelor degree jobs. That include the following positions:
- Police officers
- Officers with probation and parole
- Legal secretaries
There are plenty of other opportunities open to you if those occupations don’t do this for you.
As a criminologist or criminal psychologist, you may opt to go the college path, to train for a suitable career. You may also be involved in learning more about forensics practice. Any intriguing and genuinely intellectually engaging work can include the role of a forensic scientist.
It also makes for a nearly unlimited range of field specialties, including the following:
- Specialists in ballistics
- Researchers of bloodstain patterns
- Forensic computer investigators
Since forensics is a relatively young specialty, there is a sufficient number of bachelors criminal justice jobs if you are seeking career development and diversification.
Bachelor in Criminal Justice Jobs : Shortlisting your dream jobs
You will need to launch your true job quest as soon as you have decided on the career path you want to follow. Be sure to make use of the four keys to job search success in searching for jobs: cold calling, insightful interviews, networking, and perseverance.
Achieve success In criminology
Whatever you try to do, as long as you are able to put in the time and effort, you can expect to have a long and fulfilling career. Study hard, work hard, and hold a clean record, and you will be in the best place to land a fantastic job in a great industry.
Complete the required education
In order to get employed, higher education is highly recommended and the very first step is to complete your high school diploma. You should still apply for college or get a higher education after you have gotten this. A prerequisite for qualifying for criminal justice bachelor degree jobs is to have a bachelor’s degree in criminology.
Criminal Justice careers and salaries
So, here we got few best career options in Criminal justice bachelor degree jobs for those who want to make a career in the field of Criminal Justice. As you can see, there is plenty of scope in this career and if you grind yourself in, you can have a fabulous career. The more you go through the more career options you get. We list also careers by salary, ranking them from highest to lowest pay rates.
Hope you had a useful information. If you have any query feel free to hit us up. We are also available at onlineschoolsnearme.com