Can You Get A Paralegal Degree Online? The global pandemic has taken a toll on all the career advancements and plans you made for 2020. But you should not forget that the internet is there for us, 24×7 like a boon. Most paralegal aspirants are now asking can you get a paralegal degree online. you can visit for more information about online law degree.
The answer is straightforward. Yes, you can undergo paralegal training courses online and learn the required skills. But, how much can you learn from the comfort of your own home? How to become a paralegal by taking up the ABA-approved online paralegal programs?
We will walk you through the entire process, and try to answer all such queries so that you no longer spend the quarantine period mastering the skills you already have. Instead, ace the art of following your passion, with a job in the legal industry.
Can You Get A Paralegal Degree Online
Most of the practicing paralegals suggest that you go for an ABA-approved program, be it online or offline, to enjoy placement leverage. The students of these programs get ample scope to polish their skills and gather knowledge, completely online, at affordable fees.
To answer the question – can you get a paralegal degree online – requires a little in-depth understanding of the paralegal sector. You can find a worthy online paralegal degree, offering you a Bachelor’s or Post-Baccalaureate program, or even paralegal certification in less time, to get started in the industry.
Online Paralegal Programs – Benefits of an ABA
Many people says that can you get a paralegal degree online without ABA-approved online paralegal programs. it is as said, ABA approved online paralegal programs come with plenty of benefits for the students, such as:
- Your professors will be renowned practitioners from the legal sector, who will teach the theory with practical knowledge.
- The paralegal curriculum online is guided and checked by the American Bar Association (ABA) to provide you with all the information you might need as practicing paralegal.
- All the ABA-approved schools have to submit a course assessment to the higher authorities, so you never miss out on anything vital.
- Most ABA-approved schools provide you with placement and internship assistance to give you a kickstart in the industry.
- A degree from an ABA-approved school can help you throughout your career, be it beginning with a job, or getting a raise or promotion.
How to become a Paralegal
You no longer need to worry about how to become a paralegal and which courses to choose from. All you need to do is complete a degree or online legal certificate programs in paralegal studies. Here are our top 10 picks of ABA approved online paralegal programs that you can access online:
- Roger Williams University
- Regent University
- William Woods University
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College
- Stevenson University
- Mississippi College
- Liberty University
- Florida Gulf Coast University
- University of Providence
- SUNY College of Technology at Canton
Once you finish your course, you can get an internship opportunity, depending on your current situation and performance. Gain legal experience and practical exposure, and finally, apply for jobs in public, private, or non-profit sectors, as per your interest.
What can you do with a degree in paralegal studies?
Once you know the answer to – can you get a paralegal degree online – the next thing is to identify the vast possibilities you unleash by taking up the degree. A paralegal job involves long hours, a deep understanding of legal affairs, and a nag for writing and communicating. If you have come this far with your research of paralegal studies, you must be passionate about law, and the skills needed in the firms.
The four most popular job opportunities that open up for you after completing your paralegal degree, are:
- Legal/Paralegal Assistant
- Law Clerk
- Claims Adjuster
- Title Examiner
Other than these, the Bureau of Labor Statistics also claims that the demand for paralegals will increase by 22% from 2016-2026. Such projections reflect that you have chosen a career path that is only advancing you towards better prospects.
Paralegal Training Courses – Financing details
The prospect of paying in full amount, the fees of your paralegal training courses, can get a little daunting. But, there are many ways in which not only can you get a paralegal degree online, but also save a lot on your education budget.
- Search for FAFSA- Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Scholarships for unemployed candidates and continuing students
- Scholarship schemes for single parents
- Financial aid for veterans and military personnel
Chances that you must be falling in one of the categories mentioned above. If yes, then read up on them and apply immediately, to get the benefits. Now is the time to get started with your paralegal career, with a degree and expert knowledge. You can check our home page About Online schools near me