Bunker Hill Community college is one of the best colleges located in Boston, Massachusetts. It is the largest community college in Massachusetts. It is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). visit for more information about bachelor program.
BHCC has received a lot of applause and awards. Also, the bunker hill community college tuition is very affordable. It takes pride in being one of the most affordable colleges In Massachusetts. In this article, we are going to discuss in detail about BHCC Courses , BHCC Cost, and much more details.
College was founded in 1973. Its two main campuses are in Charles town and Chelsea, in addition to three satellite campuses near Greater Boston. This ensures that all the eligible students are admitted.
It offers more than 100 academic programs. It includes associate degree programs, certificate programs, and programs made to allow students to finish their first two years of a bachelor’s degree before transferring to a four-year university program. This allows a lot of flexibility to the students.
Bunker Hill Community College – A lot of reasons to join this colleges
Many factors truly back our claim of being the best community college in Massachusetts.
- Global Learning– One of the most diverse colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC puts a lot of emphasis on the worldwide perspective our international students bring to our community. We have incorporated this perspective into our courses, program, and activities.
Approximately 67% of BHCC students are people of color and more than 50% are women. There are more than 800 international students who represent approximately 100 countries and know more than 75 languages, making Bunker Hill Community College one of the most cosmopolitan institutions in the world.
We also offer scholarships for students to travel and study abroad. The college has a membership of many international organizations, including the American Council on Intercultural Education and NAFSA: Association of International Educators.
We motivate all our students to learn more about global issues beyond the international student population so that they can solve global problems in the future.
- We have our own International Centre- We have showcased our intention to support global learning by establishing an International Centre.
The International Centre is the focal point for all international programs and services, offering a huge range of international and intercultural programs to all Bunker Hill Community College students. In addition to that, there is a huge range of practical, academic, and personal services to our international student population.
The Centre was awarded the International Intercultural Achievement Award by the American Council for International Intercultural Education due to the quality of our international programs. One can check details about best and cheap online colleges.
- Extremely Affordable- We provide affordable education for international students without compromising the quality of education. The cost of tuition is approximately $4,000 per 12-credit semester. This makes it one of the most affordable colleges in the world.
- Small Batches- The Bunker Hill Community College ensure that the batch is small and arranges timings according to that. A small-batch ensures that the international standard of student and teacher ratio is met. Smaller batch ensures that each student gets individual attention and they can raise their doubts easily.
This also leads to personalized education and enhances the quality of the teacher-student relationship. The average size of the classes is 19 students.
- Flexibility in Course Selections- Students can attend classes on our main campus, which is situated in the historic Charlestown neighborhood of Boston, Massachusetts. A second campus is located in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts.
We also provide day, evening, and weekend classes, web-based instruction, and self-paced learning programs. Students may mix some of these options to develop a schedule that suits their needs.
We also offer international students to transfer credit from other colleges, life-experience credit, and college-level ability exams in many subjects. This provides students a lot of flexibility. The less the rigidity, the more students will enjoy their studies.
- Huge Opportunities- The Bunker Hill Community College offers more than 100 certificate and degree programs that make students ready for successful employment and transfer to four-year colleges and universities.
BHCC has been internationally recognized and acclaimed for the development of individualized and alternative methods of instruction. BHCC has taken a lead in spreading learning communities and distance learning technologies that enhance and strengthen the learning environment.
- The college is very accessible- Boston has many international students from around the world. This makes it easy for you to apply to and attend college here. The college admissions process is easy and the staff is friendly and helpful.
The main campus which is minutes away from Logan Airport is safe, well-lit, readily accessible by public transportation, and offers cheaper student parking rates; and we offer many flexible learning options, which are online classes and offline classes. You can also check details about free online college degree.
- The college is very diverse- The Bunker Hill Community College is diverse linguistically, ethnically, racially, economically, and in terms of age and education level as well. There is multicultural-ism throughout the institute.
Approximately 67% of BHCC students are people of color and more than 50% are women. There are students from the queer community as well.
The College adds multicultural and international perspectives in its courses, programs, and institutional climate. There are more than 800 international students who represent approximately 100 countries and know more than 75 languages, making BHCC one of the most cosmopolitan institutions of the world.
The College also has a wide range of course offerings in English as a Second Language. The native languages spoken by students include Arabic, Chinese, Creole, French, Haitian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
- Excellent Faculty- The Bunker Hill Community Colleges faculty and staff are excellent, caring, and culturally aware professionals who welcome the diversity that international students bring with them into the classroom.
Most of our faculty and staff hold masters’ degrees and many hold doctoral degrees. They consistently take benefit of professional training opportunities in their fields. Students can also explore best online colleges Forbes 2018.
Bunker Hill Community College Courses
All programs include some required areas such as general education requirements, career, and liberal arts and program requirements. Bunker Hill Community College courses include Associate in Arts (A.A) degrees, Associate in Sciences (A.S.) degrees, and certificates. All programs include some required areas such as general education requirements, career, and liberal arts and program requirements. The subjects are categorized based upon the programs they fall under:
- Associate in Arts– Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree concentrations prepare students to transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Extreme caution was taken in preparing these transfer-focused degrees. Nonetheless, the College recommends students to comply with the following recommendations:
- To make the best choice in selecting Bunker Hill Community College courses, consult the institution to which you wish to transfer.
- In order to ensure smooth facilitation of transfer to a four-year institution, consult your academic advisor in planning your BHCC curriculum and attend one of the transfer workshops. The calendar of Transfer workshops is available online.
- Visit the Mass Transfer website for Mass Transfer linked programs. you can also further information about fully accredited online colleges .
- View between Bunker Hill Community College and other Academic institutions for Associate in Arts and Associate in Science Degree Programs
The subjects in which an Associate Degree in Arts is awarded are:
- Business Transfer Option
- Chemical Science Concentration
- Communication Concentration
- Computer Information’s Systems Concentration
- Education Concentration
- Fine Arts Concentration
- Foreign Language
- History and Government
- Liberal Arts
- Associate in Science- Associate in Science (A.S.) degree programs ensure that students are fully prepared with the knowledge and skills necessary to enter the workforce after the degree.
In addition to preparing students for future employment, many Associates in Science degree programs transfer to four-year colleges and universities.
To assure a smooth transfer to four-year programs, A.S. transfer students should follow the recommendations for the Associate in Arts (A.A.) degrees.
- Baking and Pastry Arts Option
- Biological Sciences
- Biology Transfer Option
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonography
- Computer Science
- Computer Support
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Data Analytics
- Database Programming and Administrative
- Digital and Computer Forensics
- Early Childhood Development program
- Electric Power Utility Technology Program
- Environmental Science
- Fire Protection and Safety Program
- Gaming and Programming
- Gas Utility Technology
- General Sonography
- Hotel Management
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Integrated Media Design
- Management of Assisted Living
- Medical Radiography
- Medical radiology
- Event planning
- Medical Information Management
- Network Technology and Administration
- Paralegal studies
- Paramedic duties
- Registered Nurse Program
- Sports Management
- Studio Arts
- Visual Design
- Web Development
- Certification Programs-
- Accounting Information Certificate
- Administrative Support Specialist
- Android Mobile App Certificate
- Central Processing Certificate
- Cisco Systems CCNA Certificate
- Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- Computer Forensics Certificate Program
- Computer Support Specialist
- Culinary Arts Certificate Programs
- Cybersecurity Certificate Program
- Data Analytics Certificate Program
- Data Management
- Database Support Specialist Certificate Program
- Energy and Sustainability Management
- Entrepreneurship Certificate
- Excel Application Support Specialist Certificate
- Fire Protection and Safety Certificate
- Health Information and Networking Certificate
- Pastry Arts Certificate Program
- Hotel Management Certificate
- Magnetic Resonance Certificate
- Mammography Certificate
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Medical Information Management certificate
- Microsoft Applications Support Specialist Support Certificate
- Mobile App Starter Certificate
- Network Technology and Administrative Certificate
- Sports Management Certificate
- Paralegal Studies Certificate
- Pharmacy Technician Certificate
- Surgical Technology Certificate Program
- Web Development certificate
In addition to these subjects, Bunker Hill Community College also provides many electives. These are optional and students can choose them based on their professional and personal interests.
The electives include Psychology, Sociology, Music, Religion, History, Theatre, Yoga Studies, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Film Studies, Religious Studies, Philosophy, Economics, and Geography. The electives allow great flexibility to the students.
So a lot of disciplines are available under various programs. From arts to Commerce and from Computers to Medical Science, BHCC has all it covered. The Associate programs are typical four-year programs whereas the certificate ones are short term courses.
Bunker Hill Community College Tuition – Cost Details
BHCC tuition fees are low and the college is very affordable. Bunker Hill Community College’s cost depends on the number of credits. For in-state students, the total cost ranges from $210 to $4200.
For out-of-state and international students, the total cost ranges from $420 to $8,320. This cost is per semester cost.
In addition to these costs, there are some additional costs as well. These are generally elective costs that depend on the type of discipline you are choosing. There is some malpractice liability fee for medical students.
In addition to state and federal sources of financial aid available to qualified students, Bunker Hill Community College provides several scholarships to incoming students. By combining state and/or federal grants with College scholarships, some students may be able to cover their full cost of attending college, hostel expenses, etc.
Based on a student’s financial requirement, a BHCC scholarship may make it possible for the student to defer taking a federal grant, thus extending eligibility for PELL support so that it can be used for completion of a baccalaureate degree.
Accreditation of a college of higher education by the Commission indicates that it fulfills or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality periodically applied through a peer-review process.
An accredited college or university is one that has the essential resources available to achieve its stated purposes through certified educational programs. It gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also assess through accreditation.
The Bunker Hill Community college is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). This is a top accreditation approval body. In addition to that, various programs have received the following accreditation.
- The Certified Nurse Assistant Program is accredit by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services, Department of Public Health, Division of Health Care Facility Licensure and Certification
- The Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program is accredit by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
- The Medical Laboratory Technician program is accredit by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS)
- The Medical Radiography Program is accredit by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT).
- The Paramedic Studies Certificate and Associate Degree Program are accredit by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
- The Pharmacy Technician Certificate Program is approve by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Pharmacy.
- The Associate Degree Registered Nursing Program is accredit by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and approved by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing.
- The Surgical Technology Program is accredit by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). There are also option for cheapest accredited online college
There are three semesters in Bunker Hill Community College.
How to apply to bunker hill community college ?
Visit the website. Register yourself by creating a student’s account.
- Select a username and create a strong password. Fill in the relevant information
- Preview the information carefully that you have added. After the student account is created, you log in.
- Select the choice and choose your preferred program
- Once you have selected it, submit the form
- Once your facilitator approves your selected programs, you can proceed to payment.
- You would be required to upload a digital signature for a software release.
- Go to Payments and account tab
- Select the courses you want to make the payment for, by clicking the checkboxes. There are two payment options. You can pay by Debit card/Credit card. It can be a Master Card, Visa Card, or American Express card. You can also pay through an Electronic check. A 2.0% convenience fee will also be charged.
Once your payment is complete, your receipt will be displayed on the screen. Print a copy for your receipt. You will also receive a copy of the receipt on your email ID.
Once you have completed the payment for your program. You will receive an application from the college.
If you receive it then it means that you have been enrolled. One can also learn about the difference in cheapest and accredited online colleges.
BHCC Payment plans
The College offers an installment payment plan. Students may enroll in the Payment Plan (an enrollment fee is required), and make monthly and biweekly payments for the upcoming semester. The first installment and the enrollment fee are due with the application.
Terms for the payment plan contracts are supervised by Student Central. Budgets may be automatically adjusted to cover billed charges.
There is an option of Third-party billing as well. Students may submit a third-party document or purchase order from an employer, etc. which allows the Bunker Hill Community College to send its bill directly to that party directly with no restrictions.
Documentation must be given at the time of registration. Web registrants will need to show the third party information at the time of registration to make sure that your financial account is credited or coded or you may be dropped for non-payment.
Students dropping or withdrawing from classes or the College must complete the appropriate withdrawal form available.
- Lack of attendance or course abandonment does not consist of a drop or withdrawal; you will be responsible for the charges.
- Refunds are only given to students who drop courses by the posted schedule adjustment deadlines.
- After the schedule adjustment deadline, students may withdraw from a course up to the posted withdrawal deadline; no refunds are issued to students who withdraw from a course or the College.
For students getting financial aid, withdrawals may result in modifications to your financial aid and or adjustments to your student financial account that could result in additional charges and a balance due to the College. There are also option for accredited self paced online colleges .
Programs of study bunker hill community college – Sports and Athletics
Bunker Hill Community College is not only about academics. It is also about sports and athletics. In the last few years, the college has focused a lot on sports and ensured that the infrastructure is perfectly suited for it. The college has competed very well in university competitions.
The Athletic Department caters to the development of the whole person with a program full of recreational fun and playing. Balancing a tough academic schedule while improving your fitness will help you attain academic success and total well-being.
Programs of study bunker hill community college provides student-athletes access to the best professional coaches and staff, state-of-the-art facilities, safety equipment, and opportunities to compete in university programs with other competitive institutions. Intramural programs give you a chance to take part in competitive or recreational activities.
The Bunker Hill Community college has a Fitness Centre that provides different types of exercise equipment, allowing you to develop your individualized fitness plan. Every student is encouraged to take part in sports so that they can ensure their physical and mental well-being.
The Intercollegiate Athletics Program consists of-
- Women’s Volleyball
- Men’s Soccer
- Women’s Soccer
- Men’s Basketball
- Women’s Basketball
- Men’s Baseball
- Men’s and Women’s Cross Country
- The Intramural and Fitness Programs consist of activities such as:
- Fab Abs
- Group Circuit Boot Camp
The Health and Wellness Centre is a state-of-the-art facility that consists of a full gymnasium and fitness center. It has strength equipment, free weights, stationary bikes, and treadmills. The Bunker Hill Community college also has an outdoor jogging track along with tennis courts, soccer grounds, and basketball courts.
The BHCC is one of the best colleges around the world. It has a great reputation and is known for providing the best education at affordable rates. The faculty is excellent and is up-to-date with the changes in the curriculum.
The bunker hill community college tuition fee structure is designed in a very systematic manner. The payment methods are very flexible as well which ensures a lot of convenience to the students and their parents. The reviews and testimonials depict the unmatched quality, the Bunker Hill Community college provides in education, accessibility, extra-curricular activities, etc.
There are excellent online and distance learning courses as well. Online degrees are available in Business, Communication, Languages, Liberal Arts, and Psychology. Online certificates are available in Computer Tomography, Magnetic Resonance, Mammography, and world studies.
Besides academics, there is a focus on sports as well. As mentioned earlier, the sports and fitness center is very well made and provides all types of facilities that the athletes require. There is a lot of diversity on the campus and this diversity provides global exposure to both the teachers and students.
So in the end, we just want to say that if you are getting an opportunity at Bunker Hill Community College, do not miss it. The facilities here are excellent. In addition to that, the college is less costly, making it a very viable option for you. If you still have doubts, contact us for further assistance. One can visit our home page to get all the desired information about Online schools near me .