The Baccalaureate school for global education has been one of the most impressive schools that people seek the most. You’ve been curious to know about the Baccalaureate school for global education, and there’s a fair reason for that. Being one of the leading global educational institutions headquartered in the United States of America. We have provided in depth analysis about all the available high school as well.
Getting your child admitted to this college would ensure a bright future and a superb upbringing, together with the teaching of cultural and ethical values, that are highly sought after in today’s society. But how to know about the facts related to Baccalaureate school for global education admissions? Well, we got everything covered.
We would also discuss the Baccalaureate school for global education ranking so that you can see for yourself that your decision to put your child into the Baccalaureate school for global education is the best one you could have taken.
So, let’s not wait any further and quickly jump into the topic right away.
About the school
The Baccalaureate School for Global Education (BSGE) is a public high school located in Queens, New York, in the Astoria section. BSGE was founded in 2002 and it has a student body of roughly 400 students in grades 7 through 12.
The Baccalaureate School For Global Education is approved to deliver both the MYP (IB Middle Years Program) and the IB Diploma Program by the International Baccalaureate Organization. As for the U.S. High School Ranking News 2018, BSGE was ranked 9 in the country and ranked # 1 in New York.
Applicants must complete an admission test and meet other requirements depending on the grade entered.
The Baccalaureate School For Global Education improves student achievement across areas of content. It provides a diverse student body with a level playing field. Students participate in authentic learning, which as they create and practice demands creative thinking, risk-taking, and teamwork, developing as members of a group.
Baccalaureate School For Global Education- Admission Ratio
As of the 2014–15 school year, the school had a 17.8:1 student-teacher ratio of 476 students and 26.7 teachers in the classroom (on an FTE basis). There were 149 students eligible for free lunch (31.3 percent of enrollment) and 54 (11.3 percent of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
All applicants must be New York City residents although those in Queens County are given priority. BSGE hosts two Open-House Nights each year. Applicants must take an entrance examination for 7th-grade admissions. Additionally, recommendation letters are required. One can also search for baccalaureate high school requirements
The Baccalaureate School For Global Education selects students who passed the test after the test, and they will receive an interview letter from these students.
About a few months later students obtain admissions decisions. Middle-school grades are reviewed for acceptance to the 9th grade. Students can also select the language they wish to learn (Spanish, French, or Mandarin) after admission, but this is only used as a suggestion by the school.
Acceptance of 9th grade is less than 10 percent of applicants. Where other requirements include a degree of 90-100 for each principal subject (science, math, ELA, and social studies). Along with 3–4.5 and participation on each standardized test score. Look out for how many credits to graduate high school for their interests.
This particular school like Baccalaureate School For Global Education pays a lot of attention to the building of students’ intelligence and the development of their knack for teamwork and group participation. Consequently, it has brought into action certain traditions that students are given the option to follow. Here are some of the highly active and fulfilling student traditions:
- Winter Concert: Every year, BSGE holds an event named as the annual Winter Concert. The money collected from the Winter Concert is donated to many community funds.
- Day of Silence: During this particular day, students are motivated to take a pledge to remain silent in a gesture to support the LGBT community.
- Senior Exhibition: During this event, seniors of the school display their artwork. The exhibition event displays the artwork created by students during the two-year course IB Visual Arts HL. During this curriculum, students are required to research art history, and document their progress as far as the art creating process is concerned.
- Clubs: Certain student-run clubs are held within the school premises after the regular schooling hours. Clubs include the following:
- BaccRag Newspaper Club,
- the Dodgeball Club,
- the Sexuality and Gender Acceptance Club,
- the BSGE Business Club,
- Math Club,
- Model UN,
- After-School fitness,
- Basketball, Chess,
- Creative Writing,
- Civic Debate Club,
- Girls Softball,
- Global Action Project,
- Instrumental Music,
- Student Council,
- Library Access for Research
- Musical Theater,
- Peer Tutoring,
- Subject Tutoring,
- Table Tennis,
- Visual Art,
- MOUSE Squad,
- Photography, etc.
- PSAL Sports for both boys and girls: Basketball, Soccer, Basketball, Softball, Soccer School
Baccalaureate School for Global Education Admission– Diploma Program (IBDP)
BSGE offers the IB Diploma in the 11th and 12th grades, with rigorous courses being offered as training from grades 7 to 10. As of October 2017, BSGE has offered two-year Higher Level (HL) courses in English Literature, Visual Arts, and History of the Americas, as well as French, Mandarin, Spanish, Biology, Chemistry, Science, and Computer Studies as Standard Level (SL) courses. You may also search for baccalaureate school for global education courses for their further studies.
The courses are paired with the Extended Essay, a 16-page thesis paper at the college level, and an epistemological section in philosophy Theory of Knowledge (TOK). Students must obtain a certain number of points by test scores, TOK, and the extended essay for IB diplomas to be awarded. In the 2017 BSGE Class, the IB diploma was rewarded to 92 percent of students, a new record rate.
Students are currently registered for the following subjects:
- ENGLISH LITERATURE
- THEORY KNOWLEDGE.
- VISUAL ARTS
- SPANISH B
- FRENCH B
- MANDARIN AB.
- FRENCH AB.
Guidance Counsellor helps both the academic and personal needs of students. When needed, a student should seek counseling. What he/she discloses to the counselor is private, except in some situations. Family, teachers, or other students may also refer a student to the Guidance Counsellor.
The Guidance Counselor will then follow up with a referral to outside resources when additional counseling is necessary. The role of Guidance at The Baccalaureate School for Global Education is primarily to work towards the following goals with students and families through the school-wide advisory system. If anyone wants to know about for online study ,they may visit free online public high school.
Which College Acceptance Baccalaureate School for Global Education Student- Academic Details
Create a school where each child can best function within a safe and accepting school environment and express a variety of intellectual ideas. This includes a daily advisory class for small groups; when appropriate, in combination with individual counseling. You may also check details for baccalaureate school for global education niche.
Teacher-advisors are the main contact person to address day-to-day problems with students and parents. Advisors also offer organized activities; concentrating during the scheduled advisory time on a range of academic and social issues.
Provide students with assistance in their day-to-day negotiation of issues that may interfere with the school experience. Parents ought to know the counselor of their child and ask questions about the academic success of your child. Also central to the BSGE experience is developing a thoughtful sensitivity to the rights and needs of others.
Help the students understand their role in the rigorous Middle School and IB Diploma programs and use the available resources to be successful. As invested members of the larger BSGE school community as well as in their lives beyond school, we also expect students to develop individual interests, skills, and abilities. If anyone wants to know about the acceptance rates please visit baccalaureate school for global education acceptance rate.
Provide assistance to families in seeking referrals for additional counseling and social services to outside agencies and organizations, where appropriate.
The International Baccalaureate Program at BSGE
The Baccalaureate School for Global Education, established in September 2002, offers a world-class educational experience that is consistent with the International Baccalaureate Program structure and standards. We assume that all students who complete our study course successfully will be eligible for the International Baccalaureate Diploma.
The International Baccalaureate Program is a rigorous preparatory college study course that meets the needs of highly motivated high school students. The IB diploma enables graduates worldwide to meet the requirements of the national education systems, incorporating the best elements of each.
Their student body is comprised of an ethnically diverse and economically diverse community of young people from various Queens’ communities including:
- Forest Hills,
- Far Rockaway,
- Queens Village,
- Richmond Hill,
- Middle Village,
- South Ozone,
- Jackson Heights,
- Rego Park and
- Long Island City.
Baccalaureate School For Global Education students, located in Astoria, learn in an environment that fosters inquiry, as well as intellectual and social development with a commitment to human responsibility and social justice.
Becoming an authorized school: Mission and Vision
Only schools authorized by the International Organization of the Baccalaureate are eligible to issue IB certificates or diplomas. In April 2005 the BSGE was authorized by the board. You may also check the details for baccalaureate school for global education courses.
The goal of the school is to help sustain society and the global community by fostering a spirit of creative and critical thought, curiosity, and attentiveness as we deepen our understanding of global citizenship and respect for all.
The school authorities believe that through our thoughts and actions our school community can make the world a better place; a lofty mission to the school.
As a public school in NYC, Baccalaureate School For Global Education has a responsibility to sustain society, both locally and globally, by developing the ability of each member to think about the impact our actions have on others. This means that Baccalaureate School For Global Education group students and adults are required to reflect on their words and behavior, show compassion and empathy towards everyone, be informed, and consider before they act.
The visions of the school are:
• Eventually all the students should achieve an IB Diploma candidate.
• Offering an intellectually compelling curriculum that follows international standards as far as academic achievement in all subject areas is concerned.
• Promote foreign language fluency.
• Help students to qualify for superior post-secondary opportunities within the USA or abroad.
• Building ties with international, national, and local communities.
• Promoting ideals of human rights, international understanding, and responsible global citizenship.
.For those who are interested in diploma courses also may visit free online classes for high school diploma.
Concrete elements that determine students’ success
The school like Baccalaureate School For Global Education focuses on developing certain skills among its students in order to ensure that when the students pass from the school, they eventually become the leaders in their chosen fields of professions.
- Collaborative Leadership – The school recognizes that collective-residing knowledge and abilities are greater than any individual’s competence. Leadership is spread through a team of accomplished faculty. School group members have a voice in the decisions which affect them.
- Evidence-based practice – A body of useful information resides both in the educational research community and the teachers’ “practical” knowledge in improving instructional design and professional practice. Decisions are best made taking into account the student community’s theory, research, practical experience, and knowledge.
- Professional Development – Intensive professional development based on educational content and understanding of pedagogical content, and assisted with on-site follow-up and relevant instructional resources, contributes to major behavioral adjustments and improvements in student success. A limited set of professional development goals across the school allows staff to share experiences and expertise
- Instructional Coaching – Better performance of students is mainly a result of increased practice in the classrooms. Every teacher needs access to regular, on-site support and input to enhance instructional practices in order to continuously build professional competence. In the development of teaching skills for inexperienced and professional instructors, instructional coaching will play a role.
- Group Activity – The school environment is better supported by the collaborative efforts of teachers to enhance teaching and learning. Group practices include reviewing student work and teacher instructional design, curriculum planning, student grouping, and identifying student learning needs and appropriate interventions. Teams of the curriculum and grade take responsibility for learning over several years of individual student classes.
- High Expectations – All members of the school community have the potential to constantly learn how to make good use of their brains, become more analytical, expand their awareness of content through intellectual inquiry, and display greater respect and compassion for the human condition. For bachelor’s ,they may also look for Baccalaureate School For Global Education for credit graduation.
Few more things to know about Baccalaureate School For Global Education
If you think that’s all for today, you’re mistaken. Here are some greater qualities of the school that we are about to discuss:
- Class Rank: BSGE refuses to rate its graduates because of our comparatively limited size of the senior class.
- GPA: BSGE does not assign point averages for the school. The school authorities encourage colleges and universities to assess students in a range of 1-7 grading scale based on the Pre-IB and IB Diploma Program.
- Courses: The BSGE consists of a Pre-IB program (grades 7&8), a Pre-IB Diploma Program (grades 9&10), and an IB Diploma Program (grades 11&12).
- Graduates admitted to college/university for four years: 98 percent Percentage of eligible graduate students who earned their IB Diploma in 2018: 87%
- Ranking: According to U. S. News and the annual report of the World Bank, The BSGE, ranked # 9 in the United States and # 1 in the State of New York (2017).
- BSGE has been ranked 6th most challenging high school program in the Northeast by the Washington Post (2016). BSGE was ranked as # 4 public high school in NYC (2016) by the New York Post.
School Leadership Team
The School Leadership Team (SLT) is the primary vehicle for parents to work with teachers and the principal to set priorities for the school, decide how the budget is spent, and evaluate the progress of a school.
Serving on the SLT are the Principal, PTA President, and UFT Chapter Chief. The remaining members of the team include other school parents and staff and may include students (at the high school level, at least two students are required) and community-based organizations. Parents are chosen to serve on the SLT by the PTA and are given the ability to directly impact how a school operates.
The SLT is a crucial point of contact between the school and its wider community within a school &. The SLT is responsible for evaluating the consistency of the education system of its school and its impact on the achievement of the students.
How does SLT work?
The SLT produces the Comprehensive Education Plan (CEP), which sets the schools’ annual goals in all areas and focuses on implementing strategic strategies for change. The School Leadership Team at BSGE decided to have a total of twelve members including five parental members and two students.
The SLT is a team of parents, teachers, and administrators who work on the detailed instructional program for the Baccalaureate School For Global Education to ensure coordination of the school budget with the program. Such meetings frequently address a broad variety of educational topics. You may also check the list for free online public high school.
Meetings are open regularly to all members. Parent members are elected to the PTA meeting in June for two-year terms.
Summer Camps for students
The summer is a great opportunity to continue learning about school-related topics and also an opportunity to explore far beyond them. Over the summer, the school such as Baccalaureate School For Global Education strongly encourages your child to pursue his or her academic and extracurricular life.
Here are some of the highly sought after extracurricular activities available for the school students:
- All-Star Code
- American Museum of Natural History Internship Program
- Applied Research Innovations in Science & Engineering @ NYU
- Asian American Journalists Association Camp
- Bank of American Student Leaders Program
- Baruch College Science and Technology Entry Program
- Bella Abzug Leadership Institute
- Boys Club of New York
- Breakthrough Collaborative
- Brooklyn Museum Apprentice Program
- Camp G.O.A.L.S.)
- Central Park Conservancy Summer Internship Program
- Chinatown Youth Initiatives Summer Leadership
- City College Of New York Program
- City University of New York Program
- City Growers – Urban Roots Youth Leaders
- Coalition for Asian American Children and Families – Youth Leadership
- Cooper Union Summer STEM Program
- Coro New York City Youth Council
- Dorot Summer Teen Internship Program
- Fresh Air Fund Summer Camping Program
- The Frick Collection
- Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History Internship
- Girls Who Code
- Green Girls
- Ichan School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai Hospital
- Inside Schools
- Inspiring Girls Expeditions
- Joan Mitchell Foundation Summer Education Program
- John Jay Educational Talent Search Program
- Ladders for Leaders Internship
- Latino Youth for Higher Education
- LEAD Program @ NYU & Goldman Sachs
- Legal Outreach – Law & Justice Institute
- Minority Introduction to Engineering & Science
- Museum of Arts & Design Internship
- NASA New York City Research Institute
- NYC Center for Space Science Education
- NYC Department of Design Summer Internship Program
- NYCDOE Summer Arts Institute
- NYCDOE Environmental Study Center
- NYC Parks Department Lifeguard Training Program
- NYC Parks Seasonal Positions (high school)
- NYC Summer Youth Employment Program
- NYPD Summer Youth Police Academy
- New York City Youth Council
- New York Historical Society Internship
- NY State Dept. of Environmental Conservation, Environmental Education Summer Camp
- NY State Summer School of the Arts
- NYU Computer Science for Cyber Security Summer Program
- Noguchi Museum Making Your Mark Program
Few things to consider
When you are aiming to get your son or daughter admitted to such a prestigious school like the BSGE, it’s fairly understandable that you might be tense at times. Often, you might not be sure how to crack the admission process. But in this regard, let us assure you that nothing is as tough as often it seems to be. Some students who have queries related to college acceptance globally may visit which college acceptance baccalaureate school for global education student
With a proper training program and routine at your students’ disposal, you can be assured about your children’s success in getting selected for admission. Of course, the selection process in this particular school won’t be as easy as it gets in other schools.
After all, the school that we are discussing, happens to be one of the most respected and successful global educational institutions. Therefore, there is bound to be a stiff competition. However, if your child prepares well and ahead of time, there’s a huge possibility that he will eventually get selected.
We hope that we have been able to answer all the questions regarding the Baccalaureate School For Global Education that you have been looking for. We are also sure that by now, you have gotten the confidence to decide on your own whether this particular school is the best option for your child’s admission. For better acknowledge and further online studies, anyone may check details for free online classes for high school diploma.
You could see for yourself, how well ranked and well-guided curriculum this particular school is reputed for. So, if you take a second to consider your choices, you would get a fair idea about what to expect once you get your kid(s) enrolled in this college.
Now, the question remains whether this school is the perfect one for your child. In case you have any more queries regarding Baccalaureate school for global education, feel free to reach out to us through the comment section below. If anyone still have queries ,please visit our page Online Schools Near Me.