Open door of Success with Information Technology Masters Online
An information technology masters online degree combines IT curriculum with business related subjects. Students learn about business intelligence and project management along with information systems management, information security, network technologies and database systems. Information technology is a versatile branch of study integrating technical knowledge with communication and business management.
IT emphasizes on solving business problems through technical support, systems analysis, and network engineering. An IT professional’s job is to provide such technology-based solutions. With the growing dependence of organizations on data analytics, cyber security, etc. there is a huge demand for IT professionals. Many IT occupations require masters with these specializations.
Information Technology Masters Online specializations and Certifications
Online masters in information technology offer many specializations which require students to complete additional courses to meet industry demands. Some specializations are
- IT Management – It focuses on telecommunications management, IT project management and database management.
- Business Analytics – It focuses on the use of data in decision making and predicting trends.
- Information Security and Assurance – Also known as cyber security, it focuses on risk management, data privacy, network security and strategies to preserve confidential information.
- Web design and Application development – It focuses on open-source programming, algorithms, design concepts, web systems integration, innovation, and social commerce.
- Data Management – It focuses on designing and developing business databases. It uses data as a resource and develops database administration skills.
- Networking Technologies – It focuses on hosting, cloud services and virtualization with respect to the present and growing industrial standards.
According to the specialization earned by a student, these online programs also prepare students for professional certifications. Two such certifications are Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
Students can have one of the following job profiles after earning their information technology masters online
- Application Systems Analyst
• Database Administrator
• CIS Manager
• Network Administrator
• IT Support Engineer
List of Top Information Technology Masters Online Programs
- Virginia Tech: It offers an Information Technology masters online which is available for both full time and part-time students. Program length is 2 to 5 years according to the student’s pace. One year work experience and proficiency in programming is a requirement for admission.
- Florida State University: It offers a Masters of Science in Management Information Systems which is one of the best Information Technology Masters Online Programs. Program length is two years, work experience is preferred.
- Penn State University: It offers an online Master of Professional Studies (MPS) in Information Sciences providing training in cybersecurity and information assurance. A bachelors degree or equivalent work experience in networks or web services is asked.
- New York University: It offers an online Master of Science in Management and Systems. It is thesis-based with the compulsory submission of a final project. Program length is 2 to 5 years.
- North Carolina State University: It offers an online Masters of Computer Science. A bachelors degree in computer science or an equivalent undergraduate computer course is the admission requirement.
- Johns Hopkins University: It offers a Masters of Science in Information Systems Engineering degree. Program length is 16 months and is concluded with a final project.
This was an overview of Information Technology Masters Online. In order to get more information fill the form given below.